Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Grumble Grumble


It's been one of those days....I forgot my favorite heels at home and had to come to work in sandals. My boss is in a strop with the world of which I am bearing the brunt, my car's maintenance light came on this morning and made an alarming beeping noise, I fell back asleep after my shower and didn't get to work until 9:30, and on my way to the gym at 6:00 this morning some moron almost ran me over in a white Camaro. Add to that the fact that I can't get any of my answers to fit properly into the New York Times Crossword today, and I give up. Best to just roll with it and hope for a better day tomorrow.

You want to know what made my day today? You. Yes, you - especially if you're one of my readers that comments on my blog. I was thrilled to see so many people take the time to write really thoughtful comments on yesterday's post. In a world where everyone multi-tasks and nobody has the time to even sit down for a cup of tea, I value those snippets of focused attention. Well done, my cyber friends! Well done. You are fabulous. Thank you.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

ÄsK AliCë said...

Ugh, I hate days like those. Today is my Monday, and it definitely feels like one.

Hope the rest of your day is better!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this-- grargh! I'm so sorry I didn't find out how much your day was sucking until now, I would have tried to find a way to fix it. I hope some exercise gives you a healthy-living endorphin high and you can crash and wake up refreshed tomorrow.

Des said...

On those days, I just go to bed earlier.

Hope your week is better!